If you would like to have an advertisement placed on this page, please contact us. Rates for a classified ad on this webpage are free to members, $25 to non-members, subject to NCIBA approval.
Full-Time Store Manager, Marin County
Copperfield’s Books, with stores in Sonoma and Napa counties, has an immediate opening for a full-time manager at our store located in Marin County, CA. Copperfield’s just celebrated its 34th anniversary and is one of the premier independent bookstores in the country.
Previous bookstore management required. Familiarity with Wordstock POS system or equivalent required. We offer health and dental plans and a salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to Leslie Washington or call 707-823-8991 x214 firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Reading Bug is looking for PART-TIME BOOKSELLERS!
We are a family-run, independent children’s bookstore centrally located on Laurel Street in downtown San Carlos. Community-oriented, we host regular events for kids and families, daily storytimes, birthday parties, and classes. We have strong relationships with our customers, and take pride in our book knowledge and recommendations.
We are looking for someone interested in working the floor: assisting customers, maintaining displays and sections, restocking inventory, and keeping visitors informed about our latest events and programming. We encourage initiative and self-motivation – if you have ideas, we want to hear them! We love to match people with projects that work to their strengths.
Ideal candidates should:
- Have a positive, energetic attitude for dealing with customers.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Have a working knowledge of contemporary and classic books – and be willing to learn about more!
- Be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Retail experience preferred
- Theatrical/performance skills a plus
WEEKEND AVAILABILITY IS A MUST. No summer positions available – this is not a temporary/seasonal position! MUST also be available during the HOLIDAY SEASON. This is an hourly position, starting at $11-13/hour. Benefits package included when working over 20 hours/week.
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CONTACT@THEREADINGBUG.COM. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE WEEKENDS.
The Reading Bug is looking a part-time Birthday Party Coordinator!
We are a family-run, independent children’s bookstore centrally located on Laurel Street in downtown San Carlos. We host book-themed birthday parties almost every weekend filled with crafts, activities, games, and more. We’re looking for someone to schedule, plan, and prep!
An ideal Party Coordinator will be:
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and a self-starter.
- An excellent communicator over phone and e-mail.
- Comfortable training and supervising party staff.
- Creative and interested in designing crafts and activities for party guests.
- Party Coordinator duties include:
- Developing new crafts and activities for parties.
- Keeping track of and ordering supplies.
- Scheduling parties and staff.
- Training and interviewing party staff.
- Prepping crafts for parties.
- Serving as point of contact for parents.
- Supervise weekend parties and/or step in when needed to run a party
This position is for appx. 20-25 hours/week and REQUIRES full weekend availability. This is an hourly position, starting at $12-14/hour. Benefits package included when working over 20 hours/week.
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER to CONTACT@THEREADINGBUG.COM. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE WEEKENDS.
New York Times Best Seller Seeks Personal Assistant, East Bay
Best selling author seeks a part-time (~20 hrs/week), freelance PA. $15/hr. Looking for a local (Alameda, San Francisco Area) positive, proactive, discrete, efficient assistant, who can handle social media interface, email interactions, and travel coordination plus sundry other PA duties. In office responsibilities are once a week, and include inventory, shipping/receiving, and airport transport. Rarely, weekend hours may be required. Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Google Drive (inc. Calendar, Docs & Forms) and Gmail is vital. Must have own computer, internet access, car, and superlative mastery of English Language. Knowledge of genre fandom and the publishing industry a plus.
Interested parties should send a resume and short cover letter to email@example.com.
Point Reyes National Seashore Association Bookstore and Retail Manager
Position Title: PRNSA Bookstore and Retail Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
About Point Reyes National Seashore Association (PRNSA)
Point Reyes National Seashore Association (PRNSA) is a cooperating association of the National Park Service. We work in partnership with Point Reyes National Seashore and the public to preserve, restore and maintain wildlife habitat, trails, and historic sites in our beautiful coastal park. Our year-round environmental education programs help children and adults deepen their understanding of nature and inspire the next generation of park stewards.
Point Reyes National Seashore Association seeks a full time bookstore and retail manager to lead and supervise operations at 3 separate retail outlets at Point Reyes National Seashore Visitor Centers. The manager position reports to the Executive Director and supervises a small team to support the blending of traditional retail experience and visitor education at Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Operates day to day bookstore operations and activities for three visitor center locations (Bear Valley, Drakes Beach and the Lighthouse). Duties include driving sales, planning, stocking and displaying merchandise, leading and mentoring a team, performing all banking functions and financial reporting, managing inventory, building and maintaining relationships with internal and external communities and practicing high level customer service.
- Acquires, designs and researches new products in accordance with National Park Service policies
- Works with PRNSA membership to drive recruitment of new members
- Works with NPS Interpretation Division and PRNSA management to determine approved materials, coverage, and needs of bookstore.
- Address visitor concerns and resolve problems.
- Keeping current with industry standards, new developments, and market trends.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable
- Hands on experience successfully managing a retail operation and team is required
- Experience working with budgets
- Strong collaboration, customer service and communication skills
- Must have own vehicle, current license and auto insurance (mileage reimbursed)
- Have an understanding of supervision, training, volunteer management and retention
- Effectively utilize computer equipment and programs, and retail related machines
- High level of analytical, research, problem solving and organization skills
- Establish and maintain effective, and cooperative relationships with NPS, vendors and park visitors.
Compensation and Schedule
- Salary depending on experience, plus full benefits package, including medical and dental, paid time off
- Full time, must be able to work weekends and holidays, depending on store needs and special events
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line: PRNSA Bookstore and Retail Manager
To learn more about Point Reyes National Seashore Association, please visit our website at www.ptreyes.org.
Receiver: Mrs. Dalloway’s Bookstore, Berkeley
Full-time (30-40 hours/week) receiver. Duties include receiving daily shipments of books and merchandise, tracking invoices for bookkeeping department, assisting in merchandise pricing, and some re-orders. Buying for and supervising magazine section.
Depending on interest and experience, some inventory management (returns, overstock, annual physical inventory).
Website order fulfillment, front desk bookselling as needed.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits after 90 days include employer contribution to store health care policy and ten days paid vacation.
Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Team Member: A Great Good Place For Books, Oakland
A Great Good Place For Books in Oakland’s Montclair Village is looking for another team member to come join the fun. Must have prior bookstore experience and be willing to participate in many aspects of the day-to-day running of a bookstore: receiving, shipping, special orders, and working events. Flexible hours but some evening and weekend shifts are required. Stellar customer service skills and the ability to think on one’s feet is a must! If you are passionate about books and good with people, we’d love to hear from you. Please send resumes via email or USPS only; no store drop-offs, thank you. Emails can be sent to Carolyn@ggpbooks.com or mailed to GGP, 6120 La Salle Avenue, Oakland CA 94611. Attn: Carolyn.
Fixtures for Sale: Santa Barbara
Granada Books in Santa Barbara, CA will be closing May 3rd. ALL Fixtures are for sale. Card racks, bookcases (including freestanding, franklin bookcases on wheels), beautiful metal display tables (most on wheels), slatwall (varying sizes), folding chairs with rolling rack, office supplies, EVERYTHING must go. All Franklin fixtures are less than 2 years old and will be sold at 50% off.
Anthology POS system, 6 stations- which includes: 3 registers, 4 receipt printers, 3 display poles, 4 scanners, 2 mobile stations. All parties are responsible to pick up fixtures from store after May 3rd.